Carpets are one of the best ways to give your home a personal touch. They make your home look complete and comfortable, and this is especially true when they are clean and look good. Carpets not only make your home look beautiful it also serves a practical purpose. They add a layer of thermal resistance to keep your home warmer during the winter.
Despite these benefits, carpets can quickly become dirty, stained, and start to smell bad. Even the most careful and clean homeowner can end up with a dirty old carpet after having them for a while. This is especially true if you have kids or pets. Still, it’s not just a dirty-looking carpet that makes a house look unkempt. The smell that comes off of it also contributes to the feel of a dirty home.
While your best choice is a professional carpet cleaning services, there are also a few tricks at home you can do to make your old carpet look new and smell fresh again. If you have noticed that your carpet looks a bit old and worn, or are they no longer smelling fresh? If so, we have some good news for you. There are things you can do to help make them look new again.
How to Make Old Carpet Look New (Tips from Carpet Cleaners)
- Vacuum your carpet regularly. Even if you don't have pets, dirt and grime can accumulate on the surface of your carpet over time, making it look dull and dingy. Vacuuming will help keep it looking fresh!
- Remove stains as soon as possible! If you can't get them out completely, use a stain remover to help minimize the appearance of the stain.
- If you can remove the stain as soon as possible—the longer it sits on your carpet, the harder it is to remove. If that's not possible, try using a stain remover to help minimize its appearance.
- Next, blot up any excess liquid with a clean rag or paper towel and allow the stain to dry completely before proceeding to step 3.
- Then, apply a small amount of all-purpose cleaner directly onto the stain (if it's still wet) or onto an absorbent cotton swab (if it has dried). Blot gently with another clean cloth until the cleaner has been absorbed into the fabric.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 until no more color transfers from your rag or swab onto your cloth when you dab at it.
- Use a wet/dry vac to remove any mud or dirt that may have gotten tracked into your home by shoes or pets. This will help keep your carpet cleaner for longer between cleanings.
- Don't forget about your furniture! When was the last time you had your couch professionally cleaned? If you don't want to spend money on professional cleaning services, try using a vinegar and water solution to clean it!
- Use a wet/dry vac carpet cleaning machine to remove any mud or dirt that may have gotten tracked into your home by shoes or pets. This will help keep your carpet cleaner for longer between cleanings.
- Use the vacuum's brush attachment to gently brush away any pet hair from your carpet's surface, so it doesn't get tangled in the carpet fibers over time and cause them to separate from each other over time as they snag on each other while brushing against them when walking across them while being walked across by people wearing shoes with laces tied tightly around them (or not tied tightly enough).
- If you have pets or children in the house, invest in a steam cleaner for home carpets! This will give them a deep cleaning without having to use harsh chemicals that can damage their health over time (or yours!).
How To Eliminate Carpet Odors: Baking Soda is Key!
To eliminate foul odors from your carpet, you'll need a vacuum cleaner that has a high-performance motor and can pick up pet hair easily. After vacuuming your carpet, run hot water through the hose to flush out any remaining particles.
Next, use baking soda or vinegar to absorb odors from your carpet. Sprinkle baking soda on the carpet and let it sit overnight before vacuuming it off again. You can also pour vinegar directly on your carpet and scrub it with a brush before letting it dry completely (about 24 hours).
You can also use a spray bottle to douse your carpets with white vinegar diluted in water before removing the excess moisture with a towel or rag (or both!). This will help neutralize any bad smells left behind by pets or other unpleasant visitors to your home!
Call in Reinforcement with Professional Carpet Cleaning
It may seem like a small, insignificant thing to clean your old carpet, but the truth is that carpet cleaning isn't as simple as it looks. When you think about it, there are a lot of things that can go wrong when you do it yourself.
For starters, you might be tempted to use harsh chemicals or cleaning solutions that can damage your carpet and cause stains, odors, and other problems. Second, if you don't know what you're doing, you could damage your carpet in different ways by using improper equipment or techniques. And finally, if you try to save money by doing the job yourself instead of hiring an expert carpet cleaning company, you might spend more money down the road because you've made mistakes along the way!
A professional carpet cleaning company can prevent all these issues by providing expert service at affordable prices. Not only will they use safe methods and materials to clean your carpets, so they look gorgeous again (like new!), but they'll also remove any tough stains or odors that may have been caused by dirt or pets—and they'll even help reduce allergens in your home!
Call Southington Carpet Cleaners today for all of your dirty carpet cleaning needs. We hope you enjoyed our tips for how to make old carpet look new!
We promise that when we're done, your carpets will look and feel like new. And who doesn't want that?
Leave a Reply